Information about artist residency opportunities at 33officinacreativa
33officinacreativa is a small but active cultural association based in an old church/theatre. After many years of hard work, we are now able to invite artists to share the beautiful space that has been created.
Disciplines: Drawing, film, photography, literature, media art, painting, music, theatre, sculpture, dance….
Location: Located in Toffia – a small and quiet medieval hilltop village in the middle of Sabina – an olive oil producing area about 60km NE of Rome, Italy. The village is very quiet but does have a small supermarket, a couple of bars, a pharmacy, a school etc. The residency is within a renovated church/theatre building which hosts various cultural activities (film screenings, plays, yoga, dance, music and singing lessons etc.) There are some buses from Toffia to Fara Sabina train station where regular trains go directly to Rome and also to Fiumicino international airport however public transport is limited.
Duration: 1 month. Availability during Spring (April, May and June) and Autumn (September, October, November.)
applications: For Spring 2013 we accept applications between:
December 10, 2012 and February 25, 2013
For Autumn 2013 we accept applications between:
April 1 and June 25th, 2013
Paid by artist: 200 euro per month per artist + all transport, living and (food etc), material costs and other personal expenses.
– This is a self-directed residency for artists at any stage of their professional career who wish to have peace and quiet to work independently on their projects.
– Possibilities for exhibiting/showing work may be available.
– Most (but not all) working/studio spaces within the theatre are not suited to artists whose practice is very mucky/dirty (ie. ceramics, sculpture and painting techniques).
– Any community based workshops or projects (in the school or in the village) are encouraged but not required.
– If artists wish to leave a piece of work or give a performance – it would be an appreciated gesture but not expected.
-Shared accommodation (accommodation is very basic – we are able to offer dormitory style facilities however for artists with a slightly larger budget, low-cost accommodation can be organised in the village).
-Shared cooking and washing facilities.
-Various work spaces/studios (see photos).
-Wireless internet connection in shared office area.
-A small but supportive network of people who will try to assist you in any way possible to make your stay productive and enjoyable.
-It should be noted that heating is VERY limited.
Please send an e-mail, for the attention of Christina Thwaites to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following:
2. 6 – 10 low resolution images of recent work and/or examples of texts written and/or recordings/video clips (depending on artistic discipline).
3. A letter stating reasons for application, what you would like to do during your residency and when you would like to come.